Friday, June 18, 2010

BitterSweet Desire

    Member of animemusicvideos.org Tsusksin, has created one awesome AMV. The mood of the video was right up my alley, it is good old goth. The song goes amazingly well to the anime. Tsuskin's  editing skills and artistic eye really come out in this video. Made in 2007.


A few words from the creator, Tsuskin "Overall I have no clue how much time I spent working on this, because I kept putting it off, and sometimes I'd go a couple months without even touching it, but here it is, lol. I had the idea after listening to the song and I wanted to make a video for it. After looking through my anime collection I thought to myself "hey this would go really well with Petite Cossette", and after giving it some thought and watching it once through I realized just how perfect they were for each other.

This video is about the relationship Eiri and Cossette have. Cossette hates him because his soul belonged to the man that killed her 250 years ago and she believes he is the same man. His was the soul of a talented painter who adored Cossette's beauty, and he believed that she was perfect and loved painting pictures of her. But one day he realizes that she would not remain this way forever and so he kills her. When Eiri finds her soul in a valuable glass, her death is reenacted and he is left with the guilt of killing her. He becomes obsessed with her and she becomes his one true love, to the point where he no longer cares about anything else in his life and would go through any amount of pain to help her. Cossette also loved the man that killed her and takes out her anger towards him on Eiri, because nobody would want to be killed by the one they love. You could say their relationship is rather "bittersweet".

I think this fits well with the lyrics "I didn't want to hurt you but your pretty when you cry". Because as much as he loved her, he knew that her beauty would eventually change as she got older, and so he killed her while she was still beautiful.

And "if you knew how much I loved you, you would run away" goes with how she wants to leave him once she realizes he will live a painful and unhappy life unless he forgets about her"

Unchained

    Nothing like an awesome to MMV (manga music video) to mix things up. Superb editing on this video, never having a still image and run...